In striving towards a more proactive stance in mitigating cyber risks, organizations can take a risk-based approach to their cyber and security programs. A mature cyber risk program is essential to position firms to understand, mitigate, remediate and report on incidents, vulnerabilities and threats. An efficient and well implemented security incident and vulnerability response management program can minimize the impact of a potential breach and remediate incidents more quickly.
• Bring critical threats to the forefront by automating and simplifying information
• Prioritize threats on business impact
• Identify where to allocate resources to generate best value for the organization
• Decrease time-to-patch
Security Incident Response
• Tie incidents to business impact
• Classify and prioritize incidents by business impact
• Automate incident response so teams can prioritize and remediate complex incidents
• Decrease time-to-know and time-to-respond
Iceberg takes a risk-based approach to cyber and security by mapping IT initiatives back to the greater business goals to prioritize efforts, understand impact and quickly provide value to the organization. A risk based approach brings security teams together with other business units to make informed choices by factoring risk into every initiative. A cyber risk management program will provide:
Time to value: tie efforts directly to business impact to focus resources on the efforts that provide the most value and return on investment (ROI) on the program.
Visibility: have confidence in data accuracy, gain visibility into the severity of weaknesses and report on what matters most to each stakeholder.
Efficiency: automation and a clear focus on critical operations allow teams to achieve results with fewer resources and less effort.