Senior Project Manager
About the Role
The Senior Project Manager plays a key role in the day-to-day operations and administration of integrated project tracking across Iceberg’s business units. This resource is responsible for overall project execution, delivery, direction, implementation, financials, and control, to ensure consistent alignment with the Company’s strategy and quality directives.
Your primary duties will include:
- Utilize project management ‘best practices’ and comply with Company standards as outlined by the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Lead, drive, manage, and deliver IRM and SecOps professional services projects.
- Manage and oversee multiple projects concurrently, focusing on on-time delivery, ensuring quality, and maximizing margin through cost control and revenue enhancement.
- Establish rigor around project management, project reporting, Statement of Work (SOW) estimation, and capacity planning.
- Organize and lead the project team to achieve the project objectives and, ensure that team roles, responsibilities, and expectations are understood and fulfilled.
- Chair regular project meetings with client-side project managers and stakeholders to track performance, identify risks, and report status.
- Monitor and control project level risks, uncertainties, and issues by implementing mechanisms to identify, analyze, and respond to them. Implement mitigation strategies and contingency plans to reduce impact.
- Generate, monitor, and control a combination of fixed price and time & materials project budgets. Report on financial metrics such as costs to date, forecast to complete, estimate at completion and profitability.
- Provide leadership to diagnose and overcome barriers to team/project progress. Resolve internal and external team conflict to ensure adherence to overall program and individual project schedules and budgets.
- Monitor and manage the activities of the project resources to ensure optimum consistency of methods, results, adherence to schedules, and achievement within budget limitations.
- Support the Company’s vision and promote the Company’s core operating values.
- Align with, remain accountable, and report to the General Manager (GM) of the business unit.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year bachelor’s degree, preferably IT-related. Post-graduate degree an asset.
- Minimum 10 years in project management with large, complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, Scrum processes and methodologies.
- PMP designation or a combination of equivalent experience and education (e.g., Advanced Project Management Certificate).
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) an asset.
- Knowledge of RSA Archer and/or ServiceNow IRM an asset.
- Strong financial acumen with significant experience managing project budgets including revenue, cost, profitability, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written proficiency in English required, additional proficiency in French an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with proven ability to confidently lead meetings, conference calls, workshops, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with project management software (e.g., MS Project, JIRA, MS Office Suite).
- Strong track record of successful delivery of business intelligence and analytics projects across a variety of functional domains.
- Professional and proactive work ethic – this role is expected to maintain a certain level of autonomy.
- Occasional travel within Canada and the US may be required, valid Canadian Passport and clear Criminal Record Check required.
- Profit sharing
- Health care plan
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and statutory holidays)
- Basic Life Insurance, AD & D
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Company-funded Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training, certification, and personal development
- Work from home
- Amazing culture and team
Iceberg Networks is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Iceberg is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.