Senior Program Manager
About the Role
The Senior Program Manager plays a key role in the day-to-day operations and administration of integrated project tracking across Iceberg’s business units. This resource is responsible for overall project or program execution, delivery, direction, implementation, financials, and control, to ensure consistent alignment with the Company’s strategy and quality directives.
Your primary duties will include:
- Lead, drive, manage, and deliver Implementation and Integration Services for Iceberg Integrated Risk Management solutions
- Establish rigor around project management, project reporting, Statement of Work (SOW) estimation, and capacity planning.
- Align with, remain accountable, and report to the General Manager (GM) of the business unit.
- Manage and oversee multiple projects concurrently, focusing on on-time delivery, ensuring quality, and maximizing margin through cost control and revenue enhancement.
- Manage the program budget and define the quality metrics to be used at a program and project level as well as implement processes to measure the quality of deliverables against them.
- Organize and lead the program team to achieve the program objectives, ensuring that team roles, responsibilities, and expectations are understood and fulfilled.
- Monitor and control program level risks and issues by implementing mechanisms to identify, analyze, and respond to them.
- Identify program and project uncertainties, alternative resource plans, and other risks for both clients and Iceberg. Implement mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Chair regular project meetings with client-side project managers and stakeholders in order to track performance, identify risks, and report status.
- Provide leadership to diagnose and overcome barriers to team/project progress. Resolve internal and external team conflict to ensure adherence to overall program and individual project schedules and budgets.
- Utilize project management ‘good practices’ and comply with Company standards as outlined by the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Monitor and manage the activities of the project resources to ensure optimum consistency of methods, results, adherence to schedules, and achievement within budget limitations.
- Support the Company’s vision and promote the Company’s core operating values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor Degree, preferably IT-related. Post-graduate degree an asset.
- Minimum 10 years in project, program, and/or portfolio management with large, complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, Scrum processes and methodologies.
- PMP designation or a combination of equivalent experience and education (e.g. Advanced Project Management Certificate).
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) an asset.
- Knowledge of RSA Archer and/or ServiceNow IRM an asset.
- Strong financial acumen with significant experience managing project budgets including revenue, cost, profitability, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written proficiency in English required, additional proficiency in French an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with proven ability to confidently lead meetings, conference calls, workshops, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with project management software (e.g., MS Project, JIRA, MS Office Suite)
- Strong track record of successful delivery of business intelligence and analytics projects and programs across a variety of functional domains.
- Professional and proactive work ethic – this role is expected to maintain a certain level of autonomy.
- Occasional travel within Canada and the USA may be required, valid Canadian Passport and clear Criminal Record Check required.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Iceberg Networks is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Iceberg is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.