About the Role
As a Sales Engineer (SE) at Iceberg, you will join a high performing sales team and be a key member of the Iceberg sales engine who will work alongside the sales teams to provide sales support to existing and prospective customers across Canada and the United States. The SE is responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and positioning Iceberg and our partners as the solution of choice. The SE is the risk and security domain expert for supporting the sales team with complete responsibility for owning the technology relationship and securing the ‘tech win’.
The SE is an integral part of the sales organization driving the technical aspects of the campaign. Within this exciting role, you will be responsible for executing great demo’s which demonstrate Iceberg’s unique approach in solving the customer’s pain, executing and managing Proof-of-Concepts (POCs), building key relationships with Iceberg customers and completing RFIs & RFPs.
This role will be to support our continued Growth across both the United States and Canada.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Organize, plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the technical pre-sales engagement for prospective and expansion within existing clients.
- Participate in sales planning, sales calls and customer engagements to gather and explore requirements.
- Explain and articulate the value proposition of Iceberg and our technology partners including use cases, and integration with existing customer systems of record.
- Provide strong business process consulting in the pre-sales phases of the sales cycle and command of the technical closure with each opportunity. This entails analyzing customer business requirements; offering prospects guidance and advice during product demonstrations, presentations, and POCs) to identify potential solutions and aiming to secure the ‘tech win’ at every opportunity for new business and growth of existing accounts.
- Support Bids & Proposals in our response to Request for Information/Proposals (RFI’s/RFP’s or RFx’s)
- Conduct and lead customer evaluations including (POCs). Own the technical relationship with the customer throughout the presales process and ensure that Iceberg wins in evaluations where there is a good fit between their business requirements and our solution offerings.
- Provide enablement and support of the wider SE community and local partners – participating in the delivery of technical enablement sessions for partners such as product updates; alongside the formal education courses and training already provided to partners.
- Maintain full knowledge and hands-on proficiency with Risk and Security Operations products and major competitor’s product lines.
- Communicate customer feedback into future product enhancements. Participate in local User Groups and Product Management working groups with customers.
- Work with internal or partner Professional Services (PS) counterparts to evaluate functional requirements/specifications and provide input for preparing project statement-of-work documents in support of quotations as well as contributing to develop detailed installations or system integration plans and formal handover from pre-sales to post-sales project teams.
- Travel to other locations may be required from time-to-time to support Company, Customer & Team engagements (COVID dependent)
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and relate to varying levels of functional and technical personnel within customers and prospects. Ability to prioritize and manage tasks in support of multiple sales team members, customers and prospects.
- Skilled in the identification of innovative solutions to complex situations that differentiate in the eyes of the customer. Able to identify the requirements to ensure technical closure of a sale and a track record of assisting the sales teams in removing barriers and closure of opportunities.
- Expertise in analyzing, designing, and recommending approaches to implementing customer or prospects management processes (delivering sales demos, leading sales workshops, configuring quality proof-of-concepts, supporting RFx’s and training delivery).
- Ability to act independently as well as the ability to work across multiple teams within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English essential.
- Knowledge of current regulations and industry standards such as GDPR, PCI, ISO, COSO, NIST, etc.
- Demonstrable related work experience in IRM, GRC or Security Operations role (or similar discipline
- Experience working in support of sales, software consulting, presales engineering or similar is highly desirable.
- CRISC, CRMA, CGEIT, GRCP, CISSP, CISA, IAPP CIPP, CIPM or similar certifications highly desirable.
- Knowledge of existing GRC/IRM/SecOps tools
- Salary and commission
- Health care plan
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and statutory holidays)
- LTD and basic Life insurance, AD & D
- Company – funded Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training, certification and personal development
- Ability for a hybrid working model (home and office)
- Reimbursement of mobile and home internet
- Amazing culture and team
Iceberg Networks is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Iceberg is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance to applicable laws. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.