Business Development Representative
About the Role
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to support our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with engaged and ‘cold’ prospects. You will play a key role in helping Iceberg generate revenue by building constructive relationships with prospects and our target audience.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate relationships with prospects, from first contact until you book the first meeting and hand over to account management. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help boost revenue and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Further develop and qualify engaged prospects from marketing campaigns and partners to sales opportunities
- Contact, engage and foster relationships with potential prospects through calls, emails, LinkedIn or any other channels
- Understand our sales funnel and help optimize the conversion rates
- Present our company to prospects
- Identify prospect needs and requirements
- Build trusting relationships with prospects
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between prospects and account managers
- Report to the VP Marketing on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) results
- Collaborate with sales on regional programs to help boost new logo acquisition
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Inside Sales Representative or similar role
- Team player
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales and engagement techniques (including telesales, email sales prospecting, social platforms such as LinkedIn or other)
- Track record of achieving quotas
- Experience with CRM and Marketing automation software (e.g. MS Dynamics, Hubspot)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Iceberg Networks is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, Iceberg is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance to applicable laws. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.