The Iceberg team just finished a successful fundraising campaign that raised over $1,100 for children and families during the holidays.
The money raised was used for:
- Six shoeboxes full of school supplies, hygiene kits and toys as part of Operational Christmas Child, an agency providing hygiene and school supplies to children in developing countries
- Gifts for two children as part of the Kanata Food Cupboard’s Angel Tree program, providing gifts to under-priveleged kids in our area.
- We adopted two local families through the food cupboard’s Adopt-A-Family program. We put together food and gift hampers including Christmas dinner and presents for the families. Our staff also helped deliver hampers during the week before Christmas.
- We made a cash donation to the Kanata Food Cupboard of $300 with additional money raised.
- We’ve also committed to helping out at the food cupboard throughout the year by providing volunteers from Iceberg to help with sorting and other support tasks.
Around 400 families in the Kanata area received Adopt-A-Family hampers through the food cupboard. At one of the homes that we delivered to, the man who answered the door looked confused at first — but once all the boxes were inside we had a huge smile on his face and thanked us again and again. The generosity of organizations and individuals in Kanata will truly make a difference this year.
Thanks to all of our team members for their work and contributions!